FlexTrades is hiring a Business Development Manager.
FlexTrades is a rapidly growing national provider of manufacturing labor solutions, and we are seeking a highly motivated Manager of Business Development to lead our Business Development Team in generating new business across the U.S.
As the Manager of Business Development, you’ll be responsible for leading Business Development Representative (BDR) team efforts, helping them to build top of funnel order pipeline by qualifying new business opportunities, and engaging prospect decision makers and influencers to attend Web Discovery Meetings with a FlexTrades Client Solutions Manager with a goal of establishing new business partnerships. Reporting to the Director of Client Solutions, you will partner closely with Client Solutions, Operations, Lead Generation and Marketing to achieve department goals. You’ll also develop BDRs to optimize sales processes and pipeline cultivation techniques enabling them to hit professional goals and grow their skills to advance their careers at FlexTrades.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the team of Business Development Representatives to effectively qualify new business opportunities, and work closely with Client Solutions Managers to move those opportunities forward in the sales pipeline.
- Deliver strategic guidance for BDRs through establishment of prospecting, pipeline nurturing and Client Solutions partnership best practices to uncover and cultivate new business opportunities into customers.
- Provide situational coaching to establish new business opportunities and move existing business opportunities forward and resolve issues.
- Set individual BDR team member sales goals that drive top of funnel pipeline growth and increase conversion of qualified opportunities to acquired new customers, while understanding the challenges the team faces and clearing the way to allow for achieving and/or exceeding their goals.
- Practice a data-guided approach to measuring and achieving success.
- Instill and maintain a quality and customer-centric sales process.
- Demonstrate passion for developing, motivating, retaining, and ultimately advancing high-valued team members within the sales department.
- Collaborate with the Sales Training Manager on the continued development of the BDR team, as well as identifying skill gaps within the team to strengthen the sales training curriculum.
- Ensure strong internal partnerships, practices, and connectivity.
- Collaborate with Lead Generation, Sales, Marketing and Operations teams to develop best-practices for successful new client acquisition and communication strategies.
- Explore and develop new & creative ways to nurture prospects, expand top of funnel pipeline growth and accelerate pipeline velocity.
- Other duties as requested and assigned.
Compensation & Benefits Package:
- Competitive six figure base salary plus lucrative performance-based uncapped bonus plan
- Best in Class: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a company match
- Work remotely anywhere in the United States
- Paid holidays, vacation, & birthday PTO
- Company sponsored personal wellness plan
- Home office equipment provided
Minimum Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (will consider sale management experience in lieu of degree)
- 5 years minimum of B2B sales experience
- 2 years minimum sales leadership experience in a Manager, Team Lead, or Player/Coach capacity with a heavy mix of prospecting. An ideal candidate will have led Business Development Representatives or Sales Development Representatives
- Enterprise and/or consultative sales experience
- Sales experience with a manufacturing customer base is preferred
- Staffing experience is a plus for this role
- Proven experience managing/collaborating with remote teams across different time zones
- Proven experience conducting performance management of high producing sales teams, using CRM metrics and data to drive decisions and coaching sessions
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Experience with 1 or more sales methodologies preferred
- Experience connecting with and selling to prospects and clients by phone and email
- Proven goal achievement, self-drive and communication skills
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
- Limited travel required (2-4 trips per year)
FLEXTRADES is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce. As part of this program, the below link will be used to collect minority, gender, disability, and veteran status information as part of our Affirmative Action Program. If you apply, please answer the questions listed in the link. If you would prefer to not disclose this information, there is an option to opt out.