As the seasons change and life begins to settle in, we often think we need a change of scenery ourselves. Fall is one of the most popular times for job opportunities to arise. So here are some tips from our technicians on how to fall into place with your new position successfully.
- Check out your new job site on Google Maps, familiarize yourself with the area. What local stores are nearby? Gas Stations? Convenience stores? Can you find parking?
- Pack your essentials the night before and get plenty of sleep! Starting your new assignment well-rested will help you succeed!
The First Impression
- Review your orientation schedule and job aids.
- Get to know you supervisors by engaging in conversation and asking questions.
- Carry a pen and notebook with you, jot down notes during the day!
Become a Networking Guru
- Introduce yourself to your coworkers, learn about their interests, you can even add them to your LinkedIn network!
- Be mindful of suggestions within the workplace – constructive criticism can help you grow in your field.
Take A Deep Breath
- Remember that this is just the beginning of your transition. Adjustment takes time!
- Confidence is key, perform your best!